The House System
We have a house system at Logie Primary School. The children are in one of the two houses:
- Dava (green)
- Edinkillie (red)
The children take part in group activities with the other members of their house. They also compete with the other house to try to get more points. House points are awarded for:
- Demonstrating the school values - resilient, independent, caring, hardworking, enthusiastic and respectful (RICHER)
- Bringing a healthy snack of a piece of fruit or vegetables (collect a Larry the Ladybird token)
- Bringing their homework pack back to school daily
- Running laps of the school grounds during our Daily 15 session (1 lap earns 1 house point).
Each house has a Captain and a Vice Captain. They are democratically elected by their peers each year following an election campaign. They have regular meetings with the Headteacher to help lead improvements in the school. They have a very important role and they take their responsibilities seriously. These include:
- Adding-up the points on a weekly, termly and yearly basis
- Encouraging members of their house to bring in healthier snacks
- Helping with communication between home and school, and vice versa, and reminding house members to return their homework pack daily so that letters can be sent home
- Converting Daily 15 laps to miles and tracking progress along a journey (such as the North Coast 500 route)
- Selecting a 'Star of the Month', completing a certifcate for them and presenting it in an assembly
- Leading assemblies to share key messages across the school
- Writing an article in the monthly newsletter
- Observing learning and teaching
- Liaising with members of their house to gather and share school self-evaluations and ideas for future improvement.
At the end of the term, the house with the most points for that term has a special treat. House points are gathered across the year and the house with the most points at the end of the school year receives a trophy and an extra special treat.
Click on the link in the menu above for more information about each house.