In order to prepare our pupils for the world of work we run Leadership Groups which meet regularly to provide the children with relevant contexts in which to develop their skills and knowledge.
The groups are in line with three of our curriculum drivers. The forth driver, Pupil Voice, is present through the work of each group.
We feel the groups are an important feature of our small school because they enable children to:
- Share their evaluations of our school as the main stakeholder.
- Identify aspects of the school that could be improved.
- Work with a different group of children across the age-ranges and therefore develop their personal, social and emotional skills.
- Develop skills for future employability such as creativity, teamwork, communication.
- Gain an understanding of what 'leadership' means and develop leadership skills in a supportive yet challenging environment.
Click on the three Leadership Groups in the menu above to find out more information about each group.